Warmer Home Scheme

Under the Warmer Home Scheme if your family home built before 2006 with an energy rating of C or worse and you are in receipt of Carer’s Allowance or Domiciliary Care Allowance. Then, parents can apply for an Energy Consultant to visit their home for a free assessment around:

Attic insulation

Wall insulation


Lagging jackets

Energy-efficient lighting

The scheme can also occasionally cover new central heating systems and the replacement of single-glazed windows on a case-by-case basis.

If your home can be made more energy efficient, the Energy Consultant will engage a contractor to carry out the work and pay the contractor directly. This means it is a free scheme for parents, and the only clawback is if you sell your home within 5 years, then SEAI may look for some rebate.

Apply ASAP, as most parents seem to wait at least a year for the assessment and for more information: